Tuesday, July 30, 2013

A Fountain of Flowers

My Fountain is currently overflowing with Flowers of Friendship.
Ms P had brought these for me; an entire basketload of Stargazer lilies, hidden under wet napkins to keep them fresh on the drive over.
She works as a gardener for a lady whose garden is blessed with an abundance of these fragrant ladies.
And I, lucky friend, get to have a share of the bounty!

This 'well dressing' is in honour of the two Fountains in France which inspired us to have one put in here at Quail Hill: the first was at a bar, appropriately called Bar De La Fontaine, where we had the most delicious Fresh Omelettes ever made, slightly runny inside with a side order of a caesar salad and served with warm slices of baguette.
(I do not know if I was taking pictures of the food at that time, I just know that in future I will do so!).

Tthe other was in the town square of Uzes, called Place Aux Herbes, where only on Market days, (being mindful of water conservation) does the water flow.
.
Blessings of joyful water splashing in fountains be yours.





No comments:

Post a Comment