Sunday, August 25, 2013

Confession of The Guerilla Gardener

Yes Officer, you have caught me dead to rights, watering can in left hand and coily garden hose in the other: Yes I confess, I am a Guerilla Gardener.
There is a rental house in the neighbourhood where the owners planted a stripling magnolia tree, watered it maybe once or twice, then left it to its own devices.
Obviously they never told the renters to keep watering it.
So of course I could not leave it to wither and die now, could I?
I water my plants every two days during this hot dry weather and then I fill a bucket of water and wander over and oops o my, it slips and accidentally on purpose waters the base of that magnolia tree.
So yes, I confess.
I am that Guerilla Gardener.
I will come with you peacefully now, just as soon as I finish watering my plants.
Blessings to all Gardeners out there, Guerrila or no.

No comments:

Post a Comment