Monday, September 23, 2013

It is indeed the Month of Gratitude

I had sent a wee creation of a coffee sleeve mini album to a dear online SoulSister Art friend, Kathryn Costa (the CollageDiva) over at True North Arts, thinking she would get a kick out of it as it was made from Starbuck's TRUE NORTH coffee sleeves, so how could I resist?
It was as they say, 'a given'.
This is what I sent her.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think she
would love it so much that she would actually devote an entire blog posting to photographing its 'innards' and that it was inspiring her to do some 'collage play' with the ATC blanks I had included (along with my own ATC efforts)
I could not have wished for a more delightful way of thanks then to know that what I sent was going to be used in some creative way.
No saving, no hoarding for a rainy day, just dive in and use them!
I like that about Kathryn.
As I have said in other postings but feel it bears repeating- we do 'stand on each other's shoulders' in this creative online community and though the mini album was created by me, it is NOT my original idea. It was inspired by Lisa's excellent youtube video of a Coffee Sleeve album that she did for a friend and the Stacked Hinge binding that I used, was one I had learned from the Incomparable DownUnder Wonder Woman: Ozegran!
Thank YOU Ladies! for sharing and posting for all of us to see.
Blessings of Creativity and Musefilled Moments to all the 'Artfuls' out there!

6 comments:

  1. Jaen, you are so sweet! You are also so very talented!!! The best thing about our online crafting community is that we share our knowledge. I love it!!!
    Smiles
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen - you are one swell lady and it's such a pleasure to know and tweet you usually when I am about to fall asleep. lol. hugs blessings

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing this with us. Love it! Clicked on each of the sites/videos you shared :-), pined some on Pinterest, subscribed to some blogs and had a good old time. I want to learn how to create a link to sites the way you do. I often want to give credit or mention someone on my blog and I don't really know how to do this. Would love some help on that, even what it is called so I can look it up would help. Sending smiles for your day. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shirley: I am using Blogger which has a link icon - all you do is highlight the sentence you want 'linked' and it opens a box where you can post your url. I see you are using wordpress - when I get back from my med appts I will have a looksee and see if I can help you with it. Blessings!

      Delete
  3. Your creativity, generosity, and spunk inspire me! I love how we inspire each other and I'm delighted that my post warmed your heart. You are a treasure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dearest K: I only mirror what I am sent Blessings dear Museful one!

      Delete