Sunday, September 01, 2013

Revisiting Old Haunts

Today we drove the Old Island Highway north, stopped to have dinner, then turned around and  as I type this (with my bluetooth keyboard and tablet perched on my laptray), heading south once more, going home.
Along the way we stopped in at various beaches and bays to take pictures and remember: -  O so many memories wrapped us tight in nostalgia's quilted blanket. We marveled how so much has changed (bound to, it has been over 20 years since we last drove that highway) and yet how much has stayed the same, the pub on the other side of the Oyster River bridge for instance: "plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose -  The more it changes, the more it stays the same. "
September is a Sweet Remembrance month for me, as it was on the 16th that I was asked by the man currently driving the car, to marry him. That was 37 years ago and no I don't feel the weight of those years, not a bit, he makes them, by his love and patience, a lightness of shared love.
Blessing of a glorious Indian Summer to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment