Thursday, September 26, 2013

Thankful Thursday

When we first went to Provence (Southern France) I was overwhelmed by the intensity of the blue blue provencal skies. O I said and O again. I knew without a doubt why Painters from times past chose that area to paint and sketch and live.
Little did I know what a delight was in store for me, when we moved here to the Valley.
Blue skies? Provencal Blue? You betcha.
And since we have had our cedar fence built, we got an unexpected bonus.
Light Strike!
Reflected light that bathes our northern side of the house and makes me and my garden glad.
The late afternoon light is the prettiest and on some days, I can even see cloud patterns through the trees in my far neighbour's yard.
Here are some of my light struck happy plants
a miniature sunflower, an overly optimistic strawberry and my persistent hydrangea with her fall speckle patterned leaf.
Blessings to those on whom the Rare Seasonal Light falls.


No comments:

Post a Comment